"To support families with young children living in Borth and surrounding villages in order to improve on the overall quality of life."
Borth Family Centre was setup in September 2008
Since then we have grown from providing one day a week held at the Borth Community Hall with one regular member of staff to 4 with our own centre and resources.
We provide sessions to children with their parents or carers to have opportunities to socialise, play, learn and at times, just get out of the house.
We do this through a range of different sort of sessions across 6 days of the week.
- General drop in sessions in villages in the intimidate area to help support parents/carers who have limited transport options.
- Baby Massage sessions provided by our trained and experienced staff.
- Specialist groups for Young Parents and New and Expectant Mothers.
- A session focused around sharing a meal together.
- Training and learning opportunities for parents/carers to help them further their parenting and child care skills.
Intermingled with these sessions we invite specialists in to support our work.
This includes; health visitors, dentists, speech and language specialists.
We also work with Ceredigion Social Services and Team Around the Family Ceredigion